RIA firm who recently hired a NextGen financial advisor with the intent that she will become one of the future leaders of the firm. The NextGen advisor joined the firm with a strong set of technical skills that she developed over the years in various institutional money management roles. However, she now needed to expand her skill set so that she can build her own book of business, which is a requirement of her new position.
Help the NextGen advisor develop the requisite skills to build strong center of influence, prospect, and client relationships.
The Excella Solution
Over the course of a five-month period, we provided an intensive training and coaching program that focused on personal branding, messaging, relationship building, and business development. This customized curriculum also included extensive role-playing and ultimately resulted in the following key accomplishments:
- Clear definition and crisp articulation of her core brand message
- Creation of a powerful LinkedIn® profile and supporting online strategy that showcases her brand and keeps her top-of-mind with connections
- Development of three profiles of ideal clients to pursue
- Ways to position herself and her firm with each of these ideal targets and effectively articulate how she can address their unique needs
- A plan to cultivate relationships with centers of influence that serve ideal clients
- A set of strategies and tactics for conducting effective networking meetings
- A set of strategies and tactics for conducting effective prospect meetings, including how to address prospect concerns or objections
- An understanding of what a thoughtful client discovery process entails and how to frame open-ended questions
As a result of Excella’s coaching and training, the NextGen advisor is ready to pursue prospecting and client development activities with a high degree of confidence, focus, and discipline.